Saturday, October 25, 2008

2008 Election Website - A Great Issues on Candidates Site

I was attempting to catch up in my MILI assignments, and while exploring Thing 3...yeah I know that I am behind...I discovered a wonderful tool I may have overlooked because I have gone to this website years ago and felt it was more elementary. BUT, after going to it today, I found a great website for anyone looking at and comparing the issues between the candidates for the election coming up...YEP FactMonster. Here's the site...I have forwarded it to a teacher in our building who has been working with her students on the issues during this election.
http://www.factmonster.com/ I'm going to put this in my favorite websites to come back to from time to time on other research topics.
Just this Friday, I had a teacher come to me for some basic current events reading materials like the Scholastic Weekly Reader type articles...I just found "Basic Current Events" also in "FactMonster" as well as some great "Halloween" stuff just for fun. I'm going to have to place this website on my webpage as well. AND I'm going to share this site with my teachers who work with "Reluctant" Readers...good, basic information that I think will appeal with lots of graphics and not too much detail.
I also found in Google for Educators, some great lesson plans that any teacher's teaching Election 2008 might draw some good ideas to use with their classes: http://www.google.com/educators/6_12.html
Also Great...Can Join Student Mock Election: http://nationalmockelection.org/

No comments: