Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thing 7: PicSearch

I found this a refreshing new website to locate images and pictures. And I can certainly say that the article that talks about the 50 web search engines really highlighted some interesting places to go. What makes this really usable is the way it groups the sites by category. I also liked the science-related and library media sections which I think will be especially useful. I've added these to my Delicious favorites so I can go back and use them whenever I want to. I need to add some of these to my Media Center page too. If ever it is a time to learn time management and organizational skills....the time is now. There is so much to learn and SOOO little time.

1 comment:

Karen said...

PicSearch does look cool ... considering this month's lesson on copyright, I took a look at their "Terms of Use" and found this:
emark and Picsearch properties are

"Third Party Copyright:
Many of the images on the World Wide Web are protected by copyright. Although Picsearch locates and displays links to these images, Picsearch does not hold, grant or imply permissions or licenses to use these images for any purpose. If you would like to use any images linked to from Picsearch you must contact the webmaster or copyright holder in order to obtain the appropriate permissions to do so."

It is good when we can clearly point information like this out to students ...